Nytro demo update 2.0
Long changelog this time! Making this hub was a one-sided battle against my perfectionism. There are still some bugs to work out. But, as long as you can manage a high enough frame rate to avoid major physics issues, it's still a huge improvement over the now ancient prototype scene.
After some bug fixing, I'll be back to working on the Scrapyard, which will be temporarily added to the grassy hub until its rightful hub is finished.
Changelog for 2.0
- Replaced prototype scene with a grassy hub world.
- Reduced Nytro's electric sneeze attack range by 1.5 meters.
- Separated Nytro's electric sneeze attack start point from her head location, to make aiming more reliable.
- Increased bolt grab speed from 8 to 12 meters per second.
- Increased underwater drag from 0 to 1, and increased underwater charge speed from 0.35 to 0.5 to compensate.
- Reduced explosive barrel chain reaction charge time from 0.5 seconds to 0.4 seconds.
- Reduced explosive barrel charge time to 0.2 seconds when hit with electricity.
- Reduced bolt jump arc height by half to reduce vision obstruction.
- Made collectible rotation timing identical every scene load by using consistent random seeds (for speedrunners).
- Added show totals button (tab on a keyboard or start/back/left special button on a gamepad).
- Added setting to enable pausing on charging into things and disabled it by default.
- Added post processing toggle settings for volumetric fog, contrast enhance, bloom, and ambient occlusion.
- Improved Nytro's underwater charging animation.
- Improved hit particle effects.
- Improved container and collectible materials and lighting.
- Fixed (prevented) swimming outside of water volumes, for swimming off of the dam.
- Fixed settings not loading properly when the loaded value is equal to the associated internal variable's default value.
Known issues in 2.0
- There may be a lot of camera jitter present around the world seed in the woods water. The cause is being investigated
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.